Cartridge filters are the most commonly used residential filters. Because there is no granular filtration media required, these filters are often considered the easiest to care for. Cartridge filters do not require backwashing, so the only routine maintenance needed is a monthly or bi-monthly cleaning of the cartridges
Pentair Clean and Clear Plus
Clean & Clear® Plus Filters have a corrosion resistant injection molded filter tank featuring superior strength and reliability. The cartridge assembly uses four easy to clean, non-woven, polyester cartridges. Each filter is supplied with a bulkhead union set for easy installation.
An Eco Select™ Choice: Water flows very efficiently through Clean & Clear® Plus Filters filters allowing the use of smaller pumps or lower pump speeds to minimize energy use. And when consumers rinse cartridges rather than backwash, they can significantly reduce water use, too.
- NSF listed
- Superior strength
- Large filter area for increased dirt capacity
1-1/2 in., 100 drain clean-out port
- Continuous High Flow internal air relief
- Base and plumbing kits now available
- Injection molded tank
- Balanced hydraulic flow
- Tension Control clamp
- 100% factory tested
- Black bulkhead unions
- High Flow manual air relief valve
Sta-Rite System:3 Modular Filter
System:3 Modular Media Filters handle 2-3 times more dirt than other filters to deliver maintenance-free performance for up to a full season. Featuring perfectly balanced flow and an integral manifold design, these filters are engineered to deliver the ultimate in labor savings. System:3® Modular Media Filters are ideal for inground pools, inground hot tubs and water features. An Eco Select™ Choice: Water flows very efficiently through System:3® Modular Media Filters filters allowing the use of smaller pumps or lower pump speeds to minimize energy use. And when consumers rinse cartridges rather than backwash, they can significantly reduce water use, too.
- Typical Installation – Inground pools, inground hot tubs, and water features
- Quality Construction – Durable two-piece tank housing constructed of Dura-Glas, Sta-Rite’s industry leading glass-reinforced composite resin
- Safe – Posi-Lok clamps provide safe, easy access to tank internals
- Patented Design – The patented, innovative balanced flow design first introduced with the System:3 Mod Media is still the standard of the industry
- Low Maintenance – Complete media coverage combined with shallow pleats means greater dirt holding capabilities, resulting in longer filter cycles and less cleaning
- Quick Service – The shallow pleat design allows you to simply hose off the elements in a matter of minutes, making servicing a snap
- Dual Drain Plugs – Side plug available for plumbing to waste, while the bottom plug will drain entire filter
Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) Filters are the mainstay for pool owners who want the most effective pool filtration. D.E. filters use grids coated with a fine layer of diatomaceous earth to filter out the smallest particles that other filters might miss. The drawbacks to D.E. filters are the health concerns associated with prolonged exposure to D.E. and the difficulty in disposing of the waste generated from weekly backwashing. Nonetheless, these drawbacks can be mitigated with proper care and precaution
Pentair Quad D.E.
Pentair Quad D.E. Filters provide the highest water clarity of D.E. with the convenience and easy-cleaning features of a cartridge filter. Four easily accessible and removable D.E. cartridges greatly increases the filter’s cleaning capacity. And, cleaning couldn’t be easier. In fact, you have three options: backwash and recharge like a traditional D.E. filter, remove and rinse off the cartridges, or simply remove the lid, leave the cartridges in place, open the drain plug, and rinse.
An Eco Select™ Choice: Water flows very efficiently through Quad D.E.® Filters allowing the use of smaller pumps or lower pump speeds to minimize energy use. And when consumers rinse cartridges rather than backwash, they can significantly reduce water use, too.
- Four large-capacity cartridges provide maximum filter surface area for greater dirt-trapping capacity and longer periods between cleanings
- Unique internal flow path ensures optimum filtration and backwashing efficiency
- Chemical resistant, fiberglass reinforced polypropylene tank for exceptional strength and long life
- Easily removable cartridge elements make maintenance fast and easy
- Water flows through the Quad D.E.® Filters so efficiently that your pump will use less energy
Sand filters have been a popular choice throughout the years because of their relative ease of maintenance when compared to D.E. Filters. Like D.E. Filters, sand filters require a backwash valve, but unlike D.E. Filters sand filters don’t require constant reapplication of filter media. Sand filters can become extremely efficient, rivaling even D.E. Filters when alternative specialty filter media (like Zeobrite) is used in place of sand.
Pentair Triton II Side Mount Filter
The #1 sand filter in the world, Pentair Triton II Side Mount Filters are the result of nearly 50 years of product evolution and refinement. It has set the industry standard for effectiveness, efficiency, long runs between service, and providing years of dependable, low maintenance operation. Triton® II Side Mount Filters feature a special internal design that keeps the sand bed level, ensuring even water flow, and resulting in the most efficient filtration possible.
Now Available with ClearPro™ Technology for 60% Cleaner Water
Triton II Side Mount Filterss with ClearPro technology, remove particles up to five times smaller than traditional sand filters, well below what your eye can detect for water that truly sparkles with clarity. The ClearPro secret is a proprietary, porous tube that water must pass through before re-entering the pool. It creates a final barrier to the very smallest particles that sand cannot trap, including the finest dust particles, algae and pollens.