While pool sanitation and circulation are the most important part of pool maintenance, it is also vital to maintain balance in other areas of pool chemistry. Bioguard provides proven solutions to meet these needs. Review the following steps and recommendations for information on how to keep your pool properly balanced.
1. Maintain Total Alkalinity at approximately 125ppm (parts per million).
2. Susatin Stabilizer levels between 40 ppm (parts per million) and 160ppm.
Balance Pack 100
- -Use to maintain total alkalinity.
- -Proper total alkalinity prevents pH from “bouncing” due to rain, bather load, and other chemical application.
- -Helps prevent pool staining, plaster etching or liner wrinkling.
- -Dissolves quickly when added directly to water.
- -Granular, totally soluble product prevents free chlorine residual loss due to sunlight
- -Feed very slowly through skimmer
- -Reduces maintenance costs and chlorinating product consumption
- -Use only in outdoor, chlorinated pools
3. Keep pH between 7.4 and 7.6.
- -Reduces pH and total alkalinity in pool water
- -Easier to use and store than liquid muriatic acid
Balance Pack 200
- -Use to raise pH in pool water.
- -Helps prevent equipment corrosion, etching of plaster, and wrinkling of liners caused by low pH.
- -Prevents eye irritation due to low pH.
4. Keep Calcium levels above 200ppm, but less than 275ppm.
5. Prevent scale deposits from forming using a sequestering agent.
Balance Pack 300
- -Unique palletized formulation means faster dissolving and less cloudiness
- -Boosts calcium hardness to help prevent equipment corrosion, etching of plaster and wrinkling of liners
Reformulated Scale Inhibitor works four times better than our previous formula at preventing scale build-up from high calcium levels. Regular use of this concentrated formula prevents scale build-up on:
- -Pool surfaces
- -Filtration & heating elements
- -Effective for up to four weeks
- -Will not affect pH
Also prevents stains caused by iron, copper and manganese.
Do you need help with your swimming pool? Fill out this form to get in touch.